Your NHS Number
All patients are encouraged to know and use their NHS numbers. Your NHS number makes important contributions to clinical care because it is the only National Unique Patient Identifier, it supports patient identification practices and it helps create a complete record, including every episode of care across organisations.
Five important reasons for General Practices to use an NHS number:
- Accurately link the patient and their record.
- Transfer patient records electronically using GP2GP.
- Make referrals using Choose and Book.
- Send electronic prescription messages.
- Accurately identify all patients in all communications with secondary and community care.
Text Message Reminders
We are trialling a new system of sending text messages to patients' mobile phones to remind them of appointments or to ring the surgery to collect a message.
We need to have mobile phone numbers for as many patients as possible.
If you wish to register for this service please fill out and return the consent form :
Text Consent Form